Please find a variety of online resources that may be helpful to your parish’s Youth Ministry.
- Faithful Citizenship for Young Catholics A great website that explores our participation in goverment. “Even those who cannot vote have the right to have their voices heard on issues that affect their lives and the common good.” – Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship, no. 16
- Life Teen An online community for Catholic Teenagers. Learn about your faith, your relationship with God, actively live your Catholic life, connect with the Life Teen community.
- RealFaithTV A TV and online outreach from the Diocese of Trenton connecting faith with life. A great real and relevant youth centered ministry.
For Youth Ministers:
- Busted Halo Busted Halo is an online magazine for Catholics and spiritual seekers in their 20s and 30s. It is a current resource regarding culture and faith.
- Catholic HEART Workcamp A Catholic organization that helps to coordinate service/mission experiences for young people. Workcamps are open to those that will be in the 8th grade and older.
- Catholic Youth Care for Creation, Care for the Poor Catholic youth ministry has always taken seriously the need to form young disciples in Catholic Social Teaching. As committed Catholics, and disciples of Jesus Christ, our faith commits us to act and advocate for the least ones among us. The call to solidarity requires that we consider how our individual and collective attitudes and actions impact our care for the poor. Being good stewards of all that we have received from the Lord: individual gifts and talents and well as the Earth and its resources, is a fundamental Catholic value.
- The Center for Parent and Youth Understanding A Christain nonprofit organization commited to building strong families by serving to bridge the cultural-generational gap between parents and youth. This is an excellent resource regarding cultural trends.
- The Center for Ministry Development The Center for Ministry Development provides training, resources and consultation for pastoral ministry and catechesis with youth, young adults, families, and the intergenerational community. Since 1978, Catholic parishes and dioceses have trusted CMD to provide a vision and practice for ministry that is rooted in Church documents, Scripture, and best practices research. Through our partnership with ministry leaders, CMD strives for excellence and innovation by providing practical, field-tested ministry solutions and resources.
- Faithful Citizenship for Youth Ministers A resource with skits, prayer services and discussion starters to engage your young people in participation in our public life.
- Free ESource from St. Mary’s Press Free resource for youth ministry leaders and Catholic educators.
- Instituto Fe y Vida Fe y Vida enables Catholic leaders at the grassroots, professional, and institutional levels to respond to the human, spiritual, and socio-cultural needs of Hispanic youth and young adults.
- International Education and Resource Network IEARN is the world’s largest non-profit global network that enables youth to use the Internet and other technologies to collaborate on projects that enhance learning and make a difference in the world. Primarily for educators and students, there are also ideas and projects that youth ministers can implement.
- National Association of Catholic Youth Ministry Leaders A professional organization of ordained and lay ecclessial ministers dedicated to the field of youth ministry.
- National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry The National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry is an organization of Catholic diocesan youth ministry offices in the United States. Many great resources are available on this site regarding Catholic youth ministry and its components.
- The National Initiative for Adolescent Catechesis This site is designed to provide a new paradigm for how the Catholic Church effectively forms the faith of young people and to assist parishes and schools across the country in assessing and rethinking the method and structure in this new light.
- Sacred Space We invite you to make a ‘Sacred Space’ in your day, and spend ten minutes, praying here and now, as you sit at your computer, with the help of on-screen guidance and scripture chosen specially every day.
- St. Mary’s Press Saint Mary’s Press is a contemporary expression of the Catholic Church’s mission to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ and the Lasallian mission to provide a human and Christian education for young people, including those who are economically deprived.
- The Saint Vincent Pallotti Center The newly revamped Saint Vincent Pallotti Center website contains resources for persons preparing for, currently in, or returning from service or mission experiences. An improved search function also gives viewers access to over one hundred Catholic-based mission and volunteer programs.