Diocesan Housing Services, Village Apartments, Cherry Hill
Location: Diocesan Housing Services-Cherry Hill
The Service Coordinator’s responsibility is to enhance the ability of residents live independently in an affordable housing setting and includes enhancing the work of the property management division, assessing needs, and linking residents to community services. Responsibilities also include planning and implementing educational opportunities promoting health and well-being, and developing and supporting, meaningful engagement between building residents and the surrounding community.
- Develop and implement an annual resident services plan detailing planned initiatives and expected results
- Conduct needs assessments and identify services that address residents’ problems and help them to achieve personal goals
- Serve as a liaison with social service, medical, community and professional service providers in an effort to provide optimal and efficient links to services that promote health and well-being for the residents we serve.
- Maintain a team-focused, positive working relationship with property management
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of performance expected in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and skills required.
Minimum 2 years experience in related field a requirement. Demonstrated working knowledge of community services in the region with particular knowledge of services that are available for senior and disabled population. Trained in the aging process, elder services, disability services, and mental health issues. Associates or Baccalaureate Degree-Concentration in Social Work, Gerontology, Psychology or Public Health preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the social service system for the elderly and disabled
- Ability to work with multiple agencies and understand their individual organizational priorities
- Proven ability to build a collaborative project
- Experience in community organization
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of community resources and programs benefiting senior citizens, low-income families, and disabled persons such as MLTSS, SNAP and Lifeline.
- Computer literate, especially proficient in Microsoft Office and email
- Previous affordable housing experiences
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to interact with low-income families, senior citizens and disabled persons.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to Katherine.firstname.lastname@example.org by June 28, 2019