The Diocese of Camden is seeking a Business Application Specialist that maintains, manages and implements business applications within our network. Potential candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible to be the resident expert on the business application(s), including the use of the application(s) and working knowledge of how specific modules work and integrate with other applications and data sets.
- Responsible to analyze business needs and facilitate the acquisition and implementation of business systems to satisfy those needs.
- Develop procedures and processes that maximize the use and efficiency of the application(s).
- Prepare documents for user training and reference materials in the use of the application(s).
- Train and provide help assistance to internal and external users in the use and capabilities of the application(s).
- Manage users and user groups with regard to application access, rights, performance, etc.
- Manage the implementation of new modules, new features, modifications, enhancements, and version upgrades.
- Provide quality assurance testing for application enhancements and upgrades.
- Work with the Network Team regarding data continuity and application disaster recovery.
- Troubleshoot application(s) with users and vendor(s) from problem identification through resolution.
- Develop, monitor, and enforce data accuracy and integrity as it pertains to data entry, data manipulation, and data import.
- Produce reports and data extracts as required, ensuring they accurately meet the requested need and IT standards.
- Provide application technical assistance to Diocesan personnel.
- Integrate the application(s) with other applications and systems within the Diocese.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Type and Level of Education
Bachelor’s degree in business, technology or related field from an accredited institution and minimum of two years experience supporting business applications.
Technical or Other Skills
- Project management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of relational database management systems desired
- Good oral and written communication skills
- End user application training experience
- Knowledge of parish database systems a plus
If interested, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.