The Catholic Star Herald, the semi-weekly newspaper of the Diocese of Camden, seeks a videographer/photographer to capture events and features on Catholic activities in the South Jersey area. Interested persons must be familiar with Adobe PhotoShop and Premiere, video production, cameras, live stream production and social media.
With a print subscription base of 44,000 and on-line readership totaling more than 100,000 hits annually, the Catholic Star Herald is committed to delivering first-class news to the Catholic community of South Jersey, which consists of some 475,000 Catholics living in Atlantic, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem Counties. These Catholic are served by the Diocese of Camden, which provides faith formation, education and social services.
- Flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
- High-quality photo/video gear
- The ability to transmit files remotely
- Video and photo editing/production skills
- Excellent social media skills
- other responsibilities as required
Other experience appreciated:
- Familiarity with website content management systems
- Graphic design
- Experience in event photography/videography
- Familiarity with Catholicism specifically, or religious organizations in general
- Spanish-language proficiency
- 2-3 years of consistent professional video and photography experience