SATURDAY, MARCH 2, 2019
What is YouthLeader?
YouthLeader 2019 is a one-day national training program
for youth in grades 8 – 12
and their adult chaperones.
|YouthLeader… Encourages young Catholics not to wait until they are adults to answer God’s call to share their leadership abilities and serve others! Incorporates hands-on learning activities, inspirational speakers, peer discussion groups and impactful prayer experience to empower youth to dream and plan for leadership opportunities in their churches, schools, and the wider community! Can be a catalyst for strengthening your existing youth or campus ministry or a jump-start for a youth leadership focus in your diocesan, parish or school ministries.|
YouthLeader was created because;Youth have leadership gifts and charisms to share in ministry. Catholic Youth are called to be disciple leaders and they deserve training and support in this endeavor. Youth have a Baptismal right and responsibility to live their Christian faith by serving others.
Why Attend YouthLeader?
Youth and adult participants attend so they can:Celebrate and strengthen youth leadership Learn, pray and serve together as church Make new friends from around the diocese Strengthen their parish youth ministry program. Re-connect with experiences such as the previous Diocesan Youth Congress and other youth ministry events and build momentum and energy Celebrate the gifts that young people bring to our parishes, the church and the world Recommit themselves to serving God and the church, and live the truth in their families, parishes and schools
Need more information or to register, please contact Martha A. Scutte Martha.email@example.com or 856-583-2909.
The goals of YouthLeader are:
- Provide participants with skills to lead conversations within their faith community
- To help participants connect with God, specifically to ever deepen one’s relationship with Jesus Christ
- To provide participants with a healthy, positive experience of Christian community
- To help participants know and live their Catholic faith more fully
- To help participants grow in personal wholeness and holiness
- To provide opportunities for participants to evangelize and be evangelized