The Bishop’s Delegate for Women Religious provides liaison between the Bishop of the Diocese of Camden and all women religious living in and/or ministering in the Diocese.
The Office maintains the following focus:
- Extending a pastoral presence to religious in or entering into the Diocese
- Serving as the Bishop’s contact with the Major Superiors of congregations with members in the Diocese.
- Working collaboratively with other offices to form and distribute diocesan policies, ministerial agreements and compensation scales for women religious engaged in diocesan ministries: in parishes, schools, health care, social services, etc.
- Maintaining personal files for all women religious in Diocese
- Communicating news and information regarding ministry openings, housing, compensation scale, events for religious and other items of interest
- Establishing contact with religious in the diocese through visits and participation in local events/celebrations at residences and ministry sites, including contemplative monasteries
- Representing concerns, grievances and questions of individual religious and groups to the appropriate persons when requested, honoring confidentiality
- Working collaboratively with the Diocese regarding ministry opportunities
- Representing the Diocese through participation in international, national and regional organizations of religious
- Planning activities and events relating to women religious