The Diocese of Camden is seeking an IT Support Technician that maintains and addresses Level One and Level Two issues within our network.
Potential candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Provide end users with technical support.
Respond to the needs and questions of users concerning their access and use of network resources and phone systems.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve PC issues, phone issues and networking issues.
- Responsible for the setup and deployment of new desktops, printers, phone equipment and other miscellaneous peripherals. This may include minor wiring for data or phone needs.
- Assist in the configuration, installation and maintenance of network hardware and infrastructure, including virtual servers, firewalls, switches, routers, Wi-Fi access points, battery backups and cabling.
- Installation and testing of software on client personal computers.
- Interact with system users and management to gather and document user/system requirements. Satisfy user needs and requirements with appropriate technology solutions.
- Assisting in maintaining knowledge base with accurate and up to date information relating to current IT policies, procedures and troubleshooting techniques as time allows.
- Document procedures, standards, best practices, configurations, settings, installation sequences and fallback instructions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate Degree or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience supporting desktops and network infrastructure.
- PC Hardware
- Windows 7, 8.x, 10
- Windows Server 2008, 2012 R2, 2016
- Active Directory User Management, Exchange User Management
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Office 365
- Mac OS X
- Understanding of wireless technologies.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of assignments.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, at all levels.
- Must possess the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess the ability to judge visual and editorial quality and appropriateness of site information.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to HR@camdendiocese.org by July 6, 2018.