#LIVE THE TRUTH
THE ANNUAL DIOCESAN YOUTH CONGRESS (DYC)
SUNDAY, MARCH 11, 2018
What is the DYC?
The Diocesan Youth Congress is a one-day conference for youth in grades 8 – 12 and their adult chaperones.
The day includes liturgy with Bishop Sullivan, a dynamic keynote speaker, packaging 40,000 meals for the hungry, and dinner. It is a powerful experience combining faith, fellowship, and fun. Won’t you consider joining us? All of the information you need is on this site and at your parish! Happy surfing and we will see you on March 11!
Father Joseph A. Espaillat II is a priest of the Archdiocese of New York. He is the pastor of St. Anthony of Padua Parish in the Bronx, NY. Growing up in Manhattan, he speaks three languages: English, Spanish, and Street! He loves ministering the sacraments: celebrating the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, hearing Confessions and proclaiming the Word of God. He loves working with youth and helping them encounter Christ. Fr. J enjoys spending time with family and friends as well as playing softball, basketball, and kickball! He also enjoys watching movies, writing poetry and rapping. Father is also the founder of the ministry “Messengers of Christ.”
The goals of the DYC are:
- Provide participants with skills to lead conversations within their faith community
- To help participants connect with God, specifically to ever deepen one’s relationship with Jesus Christ
- To provide participants with a healthy, positive experience of Christian community
- To help participants know and live their Catholic faith more fully
- To help participants grow in personal wholeness and holiness
- To provide opportunities for participants to evangelize and be evangelized
Click here to see highlights from 2017 Youth Congress in the Catholic Star Herald.