The House of Charity – Bishop’s Annual Appeal offers hope and opportunity to those most in need in the Diocese of Camden, whether that need be economic, spiritual, social or psychological in nature.
Raiser’s Edge / Development Assistant
Job Description and Duties:
Responsible for updating and maintaining the Diocese’s Raiser’s Edge donor database management system. The position will support the Development Office and its projects and activities. Also responsible for donor/gift recognition, donor research, and information processing, mailings, appeal/event reports, and tracking of solicitations by both parishes and the Development Office. The position is charged with maintaining the integrity, confidentiality, and appropriate use of the Raiser’s Edge donor database. Position will report to the Associate Director of Development for the House of Charity.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Recording all gifts and event or appeal-related donations in Raiser’s Edge
- Generating donor acknowledgement correspondence
- Compiling donor database reports as required/requested by management
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date documentation and donor files
- Supporting Development Department donor initiatives, appeals, proposals, and events as needed
- Processing mailings as related to donor campaigns, events, and initiatives
- Providing additional support and training as needed to other staff members utilizing the Raiser’s Edge software
Qualification and Position Requirements:
Proficient in the use of Raiser’s Edge Software as well as Microsoft Office applications. Must be well organized, detail-oriented, and able to work with minimal supervision in a very active environment. Customer service skills are essential as well as good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work as part of a small collaborative team. Willingness to be flexible with work schedule in support of events and deadlines is required. Experience working in the non-profit church environment essential.
If interested in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to HR@camdendiocese.org by September 27, 2018.