Advertising Sales Representative
Catholic Star Herald – South Jersey
The Catholic Star Herald is seeking an advertising sales representative for its 41,000-circulation semi-weekly newspaper publication. This position works with new and existing advertising clients to develop new revenue growth through advertising sales for the Catholic Star Herald, the official Catholic newspaper of South Jersey and the Diocese of Camden. Due to the nature of this position, the hours are flexible and provides excellent work/life balance.
• Successful track record in meeting and exceeding sales goals
• Self-motivated, highly energetic and goal oriented
• Skilled in written, oral and interpersonal communications
• Ability to identify and prospect for new sales opportunities
• Ability to overcome objections and ‘close the sale’
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to make sales calls
• An understanding of the Catholic Church and its mission
• Develop and implement sales presentations to existing and potential customers.
• Develop advertising programs to meet customer goals
• Develop sales ideas, promotions and events to attract new revenue sources
• Meet or exceed annual sales performance objectives
• Manage specific advertising accounts with accuracy and effectiveness
• Maintain extraordinary levels of internal and external customer service
• Participate in community events and professionally represent the publication
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High School graduate with two or more years of newspaper or other media advertising sales experience. Must be computer literate and be proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with AdMate software systems preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position will be both in the office and in the field, with a strong emphasis on the Cape May, Atlantic, Cumberland and Salem county areas.
Please submit a statement of interest along with your experience and qualifications to HR@camdendiocese.org